Wednesday, October 03, 2012

Alive and Kickin'



So my comprehensive exams are finally turned in, at least for the time being. If my adviser thinks I need to edit, then I'll have more work to do before next Monday. And then they get reviewed by a whole dad-gum committee and if they aren't good enough I'll have to do an oral defense of them. So it's a waiting game.

Other than that, I have a portfolio to do and some pretty intense assignments due each week.

BUT, Padrone used me last night and I melted into a messy, dripping puddle of mushy, adoring submission. *sigh*

Anyway, I am still alive and kicking, loving my school year (even if it is stressful and constantly changing). I never imagined that I would come to love these kids as I do after only a couple of weeks, but I find myself looking beyond the "readin', writin' and 'rithmetic" in ways I never imagined when I started this job. I also find myself enjoying 5th grade far more than I dreamed. So, this year has been a nice surprise in a lot of ways.

And I'll survive this semester, I promise! AND I'll stop whining, too!

Padrone, I adore you, my Eagle. Grazie, il Padrone mio.

1 comment:

Malcolm said...

To adore is probably better than to be adored. I would love to have someone I could adore; second to that would be someone who adored me.

Next question: is adoring the same as loving? presumably not, otherwise there would not be the two separate words. I already have someone to love - my teenage son. As to whether someone loves me - not sure about that.