Wednesday, June 12, 2013

We're Baaack!



Well, the dreaded vacations are over (for now a least)! We both survived, and enjoyed for the most part. I worked, doing things for my parents that they cannot do themselves and my brother and sister in law who live nearby don't do for them. I also relaxed and enjoyed myself, overall. I felt a tiny bit smothered but nothing like it usually is when I'm there.

Padrone felt the lack of control over his own choices that often comes with vacationing with others, no matter how easygoing everyone is. He was in a beautiful spot in northern Italy, and walked enough for a year (his words, not mine!), but otherwise enjoyed his stay.

We're both glad to be home though!

While I was gone I had two interviews for three positions since one school had two positions open that I am qualified for. I felt good about the interviews, better about one than the other, and I hope to hear something about them soon. I also found out that there are two Sped positions available in the neighboring state. The salary range for that state would mean that I would make $10,000 more per year than I do now (including the addition of Masters degree). I'll pay the $30 application fee for that for sure!

That's it for now. I'm without internet at home, sitting in McDonald's at the moment, and a very good friend who doesn't know about this part of my life just came in.

Padrone, I adore you!

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Am missing my M right now it's a bummer when they can't be around int'it mate oh well it's only for tonight lol have a good one :)

schiava said...

I'm missing mine tonight too. Sigh.