Saturday, February 06, 2010

What a day


i know that girls can be cruel creatures. i do understand that. But when it is *my* daughter hurt by the sheer thoughtlessness of her "best friend", yet again, then the mamma bear in me rears her ugly head.

Tomorrow is my daughter's birthday. Tonight she cancelled the party she has worked literally hours planning and preparing for, because of things her friend had said and done. Now, my daughter doesn't often get upset or angry, but she did today. She rarely cries, and today tears. She was angry, hurt, and felt betrayed. She couldn't deal with being with her friends and hiding her emotions, not at her own party, so she cancelled it. i am hurting for her - it really kills me to see her hurt for nothing.(there's a lot more to the story of course, but this is the gist of my day)

So today we had a girl's day out. We shopped, we ate, we just had fun. It was her idea to spend today with me, and tomorrow we're planning a movie marathon, which should be fun...movies and a huge birthday cake - lol.

Anyway, if i can get my jaw to unclench, i'll be alright. Seeing others hurt her like this just makes me crazy. i let her deal with it though, all the while supporting and letting her know that if she would rather me step in and handle it, i would. Supporting, offering an escape, encouraging, letting her experience all the emotions in a safe environment...i wish i could have done more, but i am grateful for the wisdom to know how to handle this with her, and for her.

i was thinking a few minutes ago that this is exactly how Padrone deals with me when i am going through emotional turmoil. He gives me the freedom to feel what i have to and need to feel, yet He lets me know that He is there, supporting, encouraging, accepting, and protective. What a wonderful, beautiful, amazing thing.

Even now, i can imagine what He will say to all of this that i'm dealing with, with my daughter. i know that He will listen to me talk and talk and get all this out of my system, not judging me, just listening and letting me deal with these emotions in an environment of acceptance. He'll tell me i handled it right, and that He is proud of me. i can hear His voice saying those things, the same things i said to her earlier. i have tears in my eyes, thinking that i am so blessed, so absolutely blessed, to belong to someone who loves me the way He does - in the healthy and positive way that allows me to bloom and open to Him like the flower He calls me.

Padrone, i simply adore You with all i am. i am Yours, and humbled by Your love for Your slave. Grazie, mio meraviglioso Padrone.

5 comments:

turiya said...

Your daughter is lucky too to have such a great mom. She may be hurting, but at least you were still able to make her birthday special despite all the tears and hurt. Years from now when she looks back on this all, she'll barely remember the hurt, but she will have fond memories of how her mom listened and spent time with her.

*hugs*

spirited

schiava said...

Thanks, spirited. It turned into a good day after all, but with lingering thoughts about how she will handle her friend, things like that. But she knows i trust her to handle things well, and that i am here for her if she begins to feel overwhelmed or unable to cope. So i know she'll be alright, but i wish her friend weren't so dad-gum thoughtless.

Oh well. This, too, shall pass. :)

turiya said...

Young people can say and do some pretty stupid things sometimes. I hope your daughter finds a way to resolve things in a positive way.

Florida Dom said...

Sorry to hear the way your daughter was treated. Kids can be so cruel. She's fortunate that you're such a caring mother. You handled the situation well and gave her a lot of support.

FD

schiava said...

Thank You Sir. Drama continues, and i am trying to walk the fine line between "jumping in", and "supporting". Sometimes it feels a litte blurred!