Saturday, February 25, 2012

Nothing New


I'm sorry I haven't typed here in a while. The usual excuses apply - busy, busy and even more busy. But I've also been sick. I contracted mono - caught it from the students I'm sure. When I was just about ready to go back to work, suddenly I developed a pretty severe kidney infection. I finally got back to work on Tuesday, had a couple of rough days, but I'm better now. Still have a lot less energy than I did before I got sick, and I guess it will take a while for me to recover it fully, but I feel a lot better.

So as you may imagine, I haven't really been thinking of D/s much. I've been doing what I am supposed to do (for the most part, I am sure I failed some because of how sick I was, but Padrone is so merciful when it comes to things like this. I am one incredibly lucky slave).

I've been reading blogs though, sporadically. There are a couple of bloggers whose thoughts I really do enjoy reading, and a couple more that I read regularly even though I don't always understand what they are trying to say, or even perceive their dynamic as a positive (strictly based on my own ideas of D/s of course, as well as the "snapshot" of their dynamic as presented in a blog). One blog in particular represents what I feel is not a very positive dynamic but I keep reading because I can't figure out just what I see as wrong, especially when all the comments are extremely positive.

Some people have had some real issues while I have been sick, but I haven't felt like commenting, or even feeling my typical empathy for them. I have felt bad about that, actually, which is crazy I know!

I don't have a lot to say today, obviously, other than that I am back and very happy to be feeling better! School is going good. work is going to be absolutely insane the next 6 weeks or so while I do IEPs and alternate assessment and re-evaluations, and transition stuff. It's been even more interesting because I changed schools and students mid-year so a lot of the things I have to do now are things I didn't have to do then. But of course, I would have had far more re-evaluations and IEPs to write if iI were still in the same situation I was in last semester. So it all worked out, thank goodness.

I have a couple of school assignments due in the next few weeks as well. One class ends in about 3 weeks, but after finishing the power point due tomorrow, I will only have one more big assignment due. The other course has only 4 assignments total, so this semester with school has either been pretty easy, or I am getting better at seeing the assignments for what they are and not feeling overwhelmed when I think about them - lol. Not sure that's overall a good thing, in some ways, since I sure don't want to minimize them either!

After this semester, I'll have 4 more classes to take. This summer I plan to work on my portfolio as much as possible, and take two other classes as well. That way, I'll have a lot of the portfolio done which means that in the fall when the new school year starts (along with football season which will be busier for reasons I won't yet disclose) I will have a little bit lighter load while taking the last two courses needed. And in December, I will wear a cap and gown for the first time in 28 years! And you know what? I think I may leave the graduation ceremony and hit the road - a trip to Disney World would be a wonderful way to celebrate the completion of my Masters, don't y'all agree?

Padrone, I know this is short and quite vanilla in nature, but I know that you are interested in my life as a whole so I know you don't mind reading posts like these. I love you, il Padrone mio.

No comments: