Sunday, March 20, 2011

Manic Sunday


Not really, I just needed a title for a blog post and it popped into my head. Today has actually been rather relaxed and fun, even if stupid school assignments make me want to throw my computer through a window - lol.

I mean really. How many times do we have to prove that we know what a freaking discourse community is????

Anyway, I'm kind of worried since I am making As on everything and that class's final grade is based on improvement rather than each paper being weighed equally, and I honestly don't know what it will take to show improvement. But then again, I am a 46 year old woman with a degree already, and this course is designed for kids who were in high school last year. This is no more painfully obvious than by those students who think that quoting the "findings" of an article summarizing a study will make the teacher think they have read the entire article, or the student who makes the argument that "I didn't know nurses had dreams" and can't understand why the rest of the class doesn't take his "position" seriously!

My other class, on the other hand, seems to have some more serious students in it, so it is a lot more fun and interesting. I have an A in that class too, btw, so far. I've missed 4 out of 325 points, so I'm not complaining.

Anyway, I've also had a spring cold, coughing and sniffling and sore throat. That's all the symptoms though, so I don't feel as bad as I might if I had sinus pressure or fever or headache. Just chest congestion and related things, so it's not so bad.

So now my daughter and I are sitting at the lake near our town, under a picnic pavilion, while I do schoolwork and she transfers the photos she has just taken to her computer. It's peaceful and beautiful, quite warm and lovely with the dogwoods beginning to blossom and the sun at that gorgeous stage of mellowness.

And I'm happy.

Padrone, thank you for being patient with my grumpiness while I have been under the weather, and for loving me anyway. *kiss*

No comments: