Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Words, Words, Words



Words are very important in any relationship - they add so much but the lack of them can destroy even more. Because of the specific dynamics of our relationship words are even more meaningful to us than they may be to others, and that required a lot of adjustment for me.

The reality is that, no matter how much we wish our partner could read our mind, sometimes we have to overtly state things, or ask things outright. I have found that, once that awkward moment has passed, the discussion that follows is extremely beneficial and we usually have a far more open, close, relationship than before we talked.

There was a time when I wondered if I was supposed to act on my sexuality, or if that was presumptuous. I mean, submissive means having needs, but releasing control for those needs being met to another, right? I had always known that I could attract men, seduce them, but when the power was given to another over my life, my sexuality....what then? Was I supposed to sit and wait for him to decide to use me or to make me feel a certain way or...what?

This is where the words come into play, for me at least. And boy did it take a lot of talking for me to finally come to understand that Padrone really *does* want the best for me, and if I try to seduce him, or even mention that I am feeling sexual, he will then take the control he wants and needs and do what he wants. Often, not always mind you, but often what he does is exactly what I had longed for. Not always of course. And there have been times when I have taken the initiative and simply gone ahead and acted on my feelings.

I think, for us, that seduction is as much mental as anything else. In our particular dynamic a lot of what Padrone appreciates is when I offer my submission overtly. He appreciates so much when I find ways to please him, not merely sexually but in all ways. That fuels his Dominance, and it feeds my own submission, and his happiness and mine are in direct proportion to each other so...it is a beautiful, symbiotic relationship.

He loves when I use my words to indicate my desires. He loves a certain tone of voice that sparks a response in him. We've been together long enough for me to understand what he likes and appreciates, and now and then I have a flash of an idea that works. More often I don't, but it is those times when things click that make him so happy with the slave he owns.

I started this post yesterday, and right after this Padrone used me quite harshly. After the use, in the same phone call, I asked for something that I never dreamed I would ask for - to be allowed to cum more often, especially using insertion with a realistic toy rather than just playing with my fingers or a vibe. I don't mean daily or anything but it had been so long that I wasn't even able to recognize the need as sexual...I simply lumped it all together under "stress". It hasn't been granted or even mentioned again, but I do know that Padrone is thinking about it and has had some insight that it may help me to relieve some of the other types of stress if the sexual bit doesn't build until it is adding to it. Not to mention the simple physical stress relief of an orgasm. I'm not sexually needy, so much so that I truly didn't realize until he used me in a particular way just how much I missed it, how much it helped me in general to experience it. But if we didn't have the type and level of communication we do, I could never have even mentioned it to him to open the discussion. It was one of those awkward moments, for me at least, but I do know that Padrone will do what is best for me after we talked. He is quite creative about things, though, so I really don't what will happen, but I am relieved that it is *his* problem now!

And then again, this morning, I asked permission for something and he denied it. I wasn't upset about it, but since it was something I really hoped to do, I very respectfully asked him to reconsider, giving the *real* reasons for it, and he did. He granted permission, but only after I explained the real reasons I had hoped to be given permission to do it, rather than the superficial reasons I had initially given. Words, talking, communication...it WORKS, y'all. It really, really works.

And I would say that even if he had not granted permission, btw. He would still have been given as much information as I could give, and made the decision based on that rather than the partial information he had before. Now, just don't ask why I don't give that kind of information first....I have no answer, yet. I will, though, it's how I am.

One last thought: I know that not everyone celebrates the extremely American holiday of Thanksgiving (which is tomorrow for those who may not know), but it is my sincere wish that everyone takes a moment or two and reflects upon things and people they are truly thankful for having in their lives. I have learned that a grateful heart is a wonderful, wonderful thing. I have such a different perspective on every aspect of my life now, which is the ultimate thing I am thankful for having in my own life.

Padrone, I will be thinking of you as my family and I share the feast we are blessed enough to spread on our table. You, my love, are the most wonderful blessing in my life, and it is due to you that my life has changed so dramatically. I love you, and I thank you, my loving Padrone. I am indeed grateful to be yours.

4 comments:

greengirl said...

shiava,
It seems like there are never ending layers and depth to this whole thing. Once i think i've figured something out - a whole new layer is revealed and i have to start over - same subject - new twist. And when i feel one thing - thinking about it usually reveals there is a lot more behind it than the simplistic issue i had thought at first. so it is with what you've written here - this answers something i've been really struggling to figure out - so thank you.

schiava said...

You're welcome, gg. And it really will become a lot easier, if our long-distance relationship has any credibility to be compared with a live-in relationship. You will gradually reach a place of simply accepting rather than wondering, if you are anything like me (and you seem to be, based on the way you "wonder" so much...that used to trigger a lot of quasi-agonized groaning when I would say "i've been wondering"...). I do hope that my blog hasn't become boring, simply because I have stopped a lot of the wondering and am simply...enjoying now. It will happen...just think about when you were first married. You wondered a lot about marriage then, didn't you? And I would venture a bet that you don't wonder so much about how to be a "wife" now, right? And so it is with D/s ... right now you two are in the process of creating the dynamics in your relationship, just as you did the first few years of your marriage. Your analytical nature requires you to wonder about a lot of things, and as you said, in a lot of layers. But you, my friend, will reach the point of knowing that who you are, what you do, is just what he needs...and start looking at what he offers as just what you need as well.

Dominance is often covert, as is submission, and Padrone taught me long ago to look for it. We also do that in saying "i love you", btw. I adore that man, but he appreciates the actions far more than the words, and *gives* the actions far more than the words. I have learned to look for his love in his actions, and not depend on his words.

Ugh, sorry, didn't mean to go so overboard. But your posts really bring out a lot of thoughts in me that I always *want* to say but...I rarely comment on posts anymore.

*hugs*

Franti said...

Men and women are very similar in so many ways, but in many other ways their brain is wired very differently. It's understandable I guess, at the beginning of human history, when our brain WAS being wired, women used to stay together looking at kids, gathering nuts and using words to build a social network, while men were out there hunting in packs and relying in mutual actions to get their game and save their own life.

So my schiava is definitely right, while words can of course be important at the beginning of a relationship, i feel that only actions can validate trust.

My dad used to say to my sister: "Don't trust those who always say that they love you, they just want to bed you", and since in his youth he bedded a lot of women. I guess he knew what he was saying.

As sweet as words can be, only actions can validate them. Without a consistent behaviour behind them words are just cheap and, sometime, dangerous.

--
Padrone

greengirl said...

schiava,
thank you. I do hope to reach the point of not wondering all the time - or at least wondering form a very detached, academic point of view. It was overthinking and rationalizing that partially got me in the most recent mess. I appreciate your encouragement, and wise words. I don;t find your posts boring - quite the contrary - i always seem to find a message worth paying attention to. And please thank Franti for his explanation as well.