Thursday, May 02, 2013

Long Distance Life



I miss that man so much lately!

Everything is fine between us, and frankly we've been talking as much as usual, but I miss what I have never had with him - physical touch. I don't often crave it like I have lately, but since we have been so emotionally close, it has almost automatically transcended into the desire for physical closeness. I tell him how much I would love to touch him often, but more often it doesn't even need to be said. It simply is.

And of course when life gets in the way and we cannot talk as usual, it makes me miss him even more!

I don't have a lot to write today, about D/s I mean. It is, it fulfills, it satisfies us as it always has - long distance or not. Long distance is not easy, by any means, but it is extremely possible and worthwhile with the right people committed to each other enough to do what it takes to make it work. I am devoutly grateful that Padrone has shown his commitment repeatedly, and that he sees mine equally as often. We are balanced in need, commitment, desires and kinkiness, which is probably one of the most important factors in our successful relationship. Let's' face it, if we had not been so balanced (or at least been able to find and maintain that balance) then there is no way we could have stayed together as long as we have! It is almost 8 years that I have worn this man's collar, and I am happier than I have ever been in my life. That is saying something, considering we have never even met!

I took the day off work today to go job hunting. I graduate a week from tomorrow, and I am SOOOOOOOOO excited! I feel as if I have been working towards this day for longer than the 3 years it has taken for me to get here, but once I get that degree (and the raise), it will be totally worth it all!

I feel a lot more optimistic and confident about being hired again next year now that I actually talked with some people. I've reached the point that I'm not going to beg for a job, but I'll do my best to be hired. I've learned a lot about what type of school fits with how I teach, and it is vitally important that I find a good fit. My casual, cooperative learning, small group, borderline chaotic methods do not fit with the high-discipline, almost militaristic attitude of the current administration where I teach. So life goes on, job hunt moves forward!

And, I have also been diagnosed with low everything, it seems. I have low iron, B12, thyroid function and Vitamin D levels. So I've started supplements and will hopefully begin B12 shots tomorrow too, and synthroid as well. The thyroid thing runs in my family so I wasn't so surprised by that. I was, however, surprised by the rest. But it should not be very long until I feel much better and can stay up past 7:30 pm! (actually not joking)

Padrone, you incredible loving man, all I can say is that I am the luckiest girl in the whole USA (old song, sorry. Daughter hates when I turn everything into a song, but guess who does it herself now? Muahaahaaa). Yes, I'm rambling. Yes, I can hear you laughing. :)

I am all yours, silliness and all, you lucky man you!!!

No comments: