Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Love is Kind

1 Corinthians 13:4 goes on to say that love is kind. i do realize that "kind" is not an adjective that would typically be used to describe a Dominant, but Padrone is so much more than "just" a Dom. He is an entire man, and He has allowed me inside His life to such a degree that i can see the kindness that is such an inherent part of the man that He is. (Don't tell Him i said that though. Might ruin His image. *wink*)

How does He show kindness to me? Well, some of the ways i'm going to talk about, He would brush aside by saying "I'm just taking care of my property." But kind gestures aren't easily overlooked by someone whose soul was almost dried for lack of them.

His touches in channel, the way He comments and praises me there are examples of that. Yes, i know He loves to show me off, and i know that He loves the things i do for Him publicly....but for Him to comment so positively, to praise so easily...and so sincerely....those things mean so much to me that i have no words for them. His kindness extends to so many other things as well, far too many to mention, and yet i will try. Padrone, i mean no disrespect, and i don't take anything for granted, even if i don't list something specifically that You do to show me kindness.

He listens. No, i mean He really listens. It's not just hearing words while waiting for His "turn" to speak. When we have problems, or even if i'm just rambling, He listens and hears what i have to say. That doesn't mean that He thinks i am right, nor does He give that impression. But i won't ever forget one time when i was a bit upset, and when i explained why, it made Him think about His own attitude towards something......and He said so....You are making me think. What an honor, one that every submissive out there will understand. And His attitude changed. Not dramatically. There was no fanfare or pronouncement that from now on *this* would change. But the next time the same situation happened, it was handled differently. He listens. And he hears.

He gives when my need is deep. Whatever i need, He finds a way to give it. He changed His attitude about giving me reassurance of His feelings and my place with Him, for instance. There was a time when He had the attitude.....i've told you, that should be enough. And He's right, it should be enough. It would be for a different woman, i know. i have worn His collar for 18 months today, however, and i still get "silly" and wonder things i know i have no reason to wonder. But guess what. When i get that way, He reassures me, sometimes with humor, sometimes with ... the most impatience He ever shows, which isn't much... sometimes with gentleness, sometimes with deep emotion. He gives whatever it takes, to give reassurance, pain, pleasure, deep control, whatever i need....even if i don't know i need it....

He thinks of me. He doesn't always let me know it, but there are times, like just the other night, when out of the blue He said something that made me know that i am as strongly "with" Him as He is with me. (the book reminding You of me, is the comment i am talking about, Padrone). There have been other times, but such things are so special when they just.....pop up into conversation.

He likes spending time with me, even if it's just talking about the weather. Alright, i know that's mundane, but He DOES live in a totally different part of the world, yanno. And we spent a lot of time last night, for instance, talking about music and my daughter's schooling. It was just being together that was the whole purpose, and it was to spend time with me that He stayed so late for Him, giving up some of His sleep simply to be with me. He just likes to spend time with me. Amazing, isn't it?

He is interested in my life as a whole. He loves to hear about my family, my work, my daily life, all the boring details....lol. i love to hear the same about Him, of course, and He tells me sometimes on His own, sometimes when i ask. But the interest in a boring country girl's life is kind, in my opinion anyway....lol.

He appreciates things that i do for Him, even small things like sending texts beyond what is required of me to send. He appreciates not only things i do, but also me as a whole. Even when i fail, He usually appreciates the effort i have given to try to please Him.

He believes that i am human, and doesn't expect perfection. From my experience, that is a VERY kind thing of a Dom, and of a man. i am far more upset when i fail than He is, and far harder on myself than He is as well. He punishes and it's over. i do the punishment then beat myself up over it, and when i'm done with that, i dwell on it and ponder where i went wrong and such.....then if i'm lucky, it's over. If He were the kind of Master who demanded perfection, i would be in serious trouble. Not because i fail very often, but because of my own reaction to failure. If He reacted more strongly, i would be a basket case. To me, the knowledge that He won't ask more of me than i can provide is kindness.

And of course, the ultimate kindness........the fact that He values my real life as much as He does our time online. To Him, i am not just a nick on a computer screen, or a voice on the phone. Whenever He ponders a new restriction or rule, or any other kind of change, He always CAREFULLY considers how it will affect my entire life, not just giving me another requirement that He can punish me for if i don't or can't fulfill. And once He asked me if i thought i could do one thing, since it was a more invasive requirement into my life outside the computer, than any others to that date.

When we think of someone being kind, we think of far different things than what i have listed, i think. But i have learned that there are a huge variety of ways to show kindness, and love, than i first imagined when i met Padrone.

Padrone, thank You for Your kindness, for Your patience. Thank You for teaching me that love comes in different ways, and is measured with different scales, than what i ever imagined it could be. You have opened my eyes to a new and deep level of contentment, one i honestly thought was all a fantasy. You truly are the "One" i had heard so much about, but which i thought was all a hearts and flowers romantic notion. i am blessed to belong to such a man. i am blessed to belong to You.

No comments: