Sunday, May 08, 2011

Mother's Day


Happy Mother's Day from this American mom to any mother who happens upon this blog! I know we don't all celebrate on the same day, but that just makes it more fun when we get well wishes on several days of the year, I think - lol.

I am blessed to be the parent of two wonderful young adults (ack!). I can't imagine life without them, and seeing them grow into wonderful young man and woman has been the most beautiful and fulfilling thing I have ever experienced. I am so grateful that having these two kids allowed me to become a mother. The first thing that I ever felt self confident about was being a good mom. I am grateful for the opportunity to be mom to the two most wonderful kids in the world!


Here are a couple of songs that make me think of them. First, son. This song isn't like how he is as a person, for the most part, but every time I hear it I think of him for some reason. Maybe it is because it was his first "favorite song" several years ago, and he would grin every time we heard it. Anyway, here it is:







And the one that most makes me think of daughter, again probably because she used to sing it almost constantly (not to mention that the "bubbly" part is quite descriptive of her personality):





Padrone, thank you for allowing me to spend time with them this morning, having a nice breakfast and a nice, peaceful morning. I love how you show your love for me, Padrone. I am one lucky woman. I am yours.

2 comments:

turiya said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
turiya said...

Happy Mother's Day to you! :-D

*hugs*

turiya