Friday, May 13, 2011

A Week of Surprises


So, this week has been slam full of surprises, some good, some not so good, but it has definitely not been boring!

I will tell about my surprises in my work/school/home life, then talk about our relationship. They are often intertwined, but not always of course. But this week, the work/school/home life has interfered with our time together, and I *hate* when that happens because I value every moment with Padrone. Oh well, like he says, we have all the time in the world.

So on with the boring part of my blog, the part that many will skip over - lol. Work - I still don't have a job but there are prospects. I have an interview next Wednesday at a small junior high school 35-40 minutes away. The school district is small itself - one "lower" elementary, one "upper" elementary, one junior high school, one high school. The school is small as well, of course. It has a community feel to it, and since it is in the next town north of me, and since I don't know folks from up there, it will take them a while to try to involve me in the politics inherent in any school system. And it will take them a while longer to understand that I don't play those games. XD

But I have interviewed in my local town, and have been told that there is another position in this district as well, so who knows? And a town south of me also has the possibility of a job opening, and the principal of the high school sounded very excited to know that I am ready to be certified in Special Ed! All in all, FAR more encouraging than last year, for sure.

As far as school is concerned, I just finished another semester, and I not only made As in both of my classes, but my English professor asked if she could use one of my papers as a sample for future classes since it was exactly what she was looking for! So I am very proud of my accomplishments academically ... with good reason, as it happens...

Wednesday of this week I found out that, even though I have not yet taught for a year as is a listed requirement, since I have completed the course work for the alternate licensure program, I am eligible to apply for the Masters program in Special Education. And so I began on Wednesday evening, calling and begging folks to write letters of reference for me and submitting them as soon as possible (I hope to enroll in the summer session, so there is a *major* time crunch). All of them said they would, and indeed they did. I received a list of required information yesterday via email, and today I sent everything they needed. The graduate advisor for Special Education was amazed that I got it done so quickly, but it is as I told her - I am extremely motivated here. There is still an issue of time, so I'm praying that everything falls into place and I can be admitted and enroll in classes this summer. If so, then it is my expectation that at the end of August 2012 I will be wearing a cap and gown again, and yes, this old mama WILL walk across the stage just like the younguns do!

So, daughter's car is broken down again. After doing some checking, it seems a distinct possibility that the fuel pump that was put on it (twice) (don't ask) was not the right one. Of course, she has to have a vehicle that the parts are different depending on what month in the year it was made, sheesh! We'll see. It might be a wiring thing instead, and if it is, then I'll probably sell that booger and get her something else. But again, we'll see.

But that meant that we're down to one vehicle, since my car is STILL in the shop and has been for months now. So we're taking daughter to work and running errands and then going to pick her up in son's truck. He also started a new job tonight, so it got even *more* complicated. And of course, the wheel bearing went out in it the other day, to the tune of $300. But it was fixed and after a new radiator cap, seems to be running fine. Knock on wood.

But all of those things have simply made life crazy. Daughter getting her senior portraits taken, then driving to pick up the CD with the pics on them (absolutely gorgeous, btw, and I know you have to take my word for it, but...do) took time away from Padrone. Their grandma coming to visit took time one evening. Having to take her to work early took time away. And being busy gathering up all of my stuff, typing an essay and a letter of intent (what *is* the accepted format for a letter of intent to apply to grad school, anyway?), and having 1000 things on my mind has taken attention away from Padrone.

And so tonight....

Tonight was special, but it really was nothing special. We simply "hung out" together. We joked, teased, I flirted, he mumbled....laughing and smiling and simply enjoying each other. It was absolutely wonderful. I often imagine being in the same room with him, sighing dramatically in a teasing way when he flips on a scifi movie, grinning up at him and grabbing a book so I can ignore the movie and still enjoy being with him. Nothing special, just being together.

That is how I envision our life together, moments in time. I even picture being irritable and feeling grumpy and not wanting to do what I'm expected to do, so I am not living in a fantasy world by any means. But let's face it, if we can fuss and fight like we do at times, and we live across the ocean from one another, can *anyone* believe that we wouldn't if we lived together?

I am just so fortunate to have a Master who not only wants me to improve my education, but who wants it knowing that it will keep me busy still. He understands that life isn't always going to allow me to wait for him online as he loves, and I do not take advantage of that understanding nature - although this week it has happened fairly often, it has been through no fault of my own. But tonight I was thinking, as I was waiting for him....now and then it makes me feel special...anticipating his entrance....the smile I would hope he would have...to know that he was there simply for me, no matter how social we may be with others....I am the reason he is there...he comes there to spend time with me...

And I melt.

Padrone, I don't always feel that way, of course. But I treasure the knowledge of who I am in your life, and I love when I see it in new and different ways. Thank you for teaching me to look for the ways you show your love for me, and not to look for ways I would show it. I adore you, my Padrone. I am yours.

No comments: