Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Happy Valentine's Day

1 Corinthians 13:4-8,13.

4Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. 5It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. 6Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. 7It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.

8Love never fails. But where there are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues, they will be stilled; where there is knowledge, it will pass away.

13And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.

The first 3 verses in that chapter are as follows:

1If I speak in the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. 2If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but have not love, I am nothing. 3If I give all I possess to the poor and surrender my body to the flames, but have not love, I gain nothing.

Love is one of the most powerful, life-changing forces, emotions, actions....... choices... we can experience. Not the kind of mushy, "hearts and flowers" kind of love that is so well-promoted at Valentine's Day.

The kind of love that can literally change lives is the kind of love that has changed my life. The love i talk about never fails. The love i talk about truly honors, cherishes, respects, trusts, accepts, waits. The love i talk about proves that i am worthy of it, even when i fight that belief with all that i am.

The kind of love i talk about is the love i have every day with my Master.

It is the kind of love that i strive to have for Him as well.

It is the kind of love that i am learning to show to others in my life, giving examples to my kids and my friends and family.

It is the kind of love that sends special Valentine's gifts, even with all the work it took to create it, then shrink it, then send it to me.

Padrone, i have no words, literally, other than the typical "i love You" and thank You. i pledge to strive every day to show You the kind of love You deserve.

Happy Valentine's Day, my Love....from Your funny Valentine....smile.

No comments: