Friday, February 02, 2007

Love does not boast.

This particular characteristic of love kind of comes naturally to me, so it is a bit more difficult for me to discuss, even in terms of Padrone. i don't boast about myself at all, but y'all would get so tired of hearing about my kids if i typed about them here, it isn't even funny!

But i realize that some things i type here may come across as boastful, because Padrone and i just have a.....well, a very good, very strong, very loving relationship. i was thinking earlier today that our last disagreement was in September, around my birthday.

Padrone, on the other hand, simply loves to show me off, He says. He loves when i show my submission and my devotion publicly. Does that mean He is boastful in His love? No, in my opinion, being boastful is more like....wanting someone as "arm candy" or some "super submissive". Boasting is pretentious, it is setting a stage, it is creating a false impression for "public" consumption, while the relatioship itself is not as perfect as it is given the impression of being. So when Padrone "shows me off" in channel, He is actually having me do things we do privately, only letting others watch. There is no boasting of owning me, although there is an element of being proud *to* own me....there is a difference.

Do i come across as boasting about my relationship with Padrone? i sincerely hope not. i think we both realize, and i hope that others realize, that it takes hard work, even now sometimes, to keep our relationship going strong. It has reached the point of being comfortable and secure, but that doesn't mean we get complacent, or if we do, we realize it and make corrections. We both appreciate the efforts of the other one, and i think that is the key factor in keeping us ...... humble maybe? (Down to earth is probably a more accurate way to describe it, the way our relationship is, i mean, and the way we *are* in that relationship.)

And boasting about our love, our relationship, is not something that either of us does. Those things are obvious to anyone who cares to see us together, and the sincerity of the relationship seems to shine clearly, without effort on our part. Our love doesn't have to boast about itself, it simply is. And that is clearly and absolutely enough for us.

Padrone, there are times that i have wanted to shout from the rooftops who You are to me, and what we have together. But all that matters is that we know, and that our feelings are deep, sincere, and mutual. i am so incredibly glad that they are.

i love You, mio Padrone.

No comments: